• Generate more strong default pass for /svm/

#1069  by pauloficaadica
 19 Jul 2018 20:25
Hello!

I realized that the default password generated for the access to the "SVM(ip/:port/svm" is usually very simple, this may be unsafe.

You could automatically generate a strong password after installing the VPSSIM on server?

as numbers and random letters. It can be more secure so I think.

Thank you!!
Paulo Teixeira
Get 25 USD Free To USE VPSSIM
 #1070  by pauloficaadica
 19 Jul 2018 20:30
Also...... this same username/pass is use for another service i think: :? :shock: :cry:

Use default User & Password to protect: phpMyAdmin, Backup Files, NetData
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Net2FTP, Website's Folder, WP-Login.php, status.php, File Manager ...
 #1071  by nguyenoanh
 19 Jul 2018 20:48
Hello !
I will update that default password to 10-12 characters but i think, the user should change the default password to another password after install VPSSIM. It will be better than the default password, which is easier to remember and more secure.
On the security of the password, before 2000, the concept has as many special characters as possible but that view is outdated in the 21st century.
The longer the password is, the more secure it will be. An 18-character password can be said to be safe enough because using password-checking software can take centuries. But the 8-character password, despite the special characters, it's easier to detect it than the 18-character password many many times.
And all the things you write above can use the same password because when setting that, VPSSIM has two choice, using the default password or create new one.

Thank you !
 #1075  by pauloficaadica
 19 Jul 2018 21:07
Hello again friend!

If you can, this new password may be requested to install the VPSSIM(initial setup), as like the phpmyadmin pass request, so the VPSSIM could you ask for after install the new passwords, in a following step.

I'm asking this because I have some dozens of servers, so when working with many, it is always good to have steps more convenient and safe.

For that reason, maybe the password will be automatic is good, or if it is already requested in the initial setup of the VPSSIM. :D :D :D :D

Thnks for your time :-)
Get 25 USD Free To USE VPSSIM